I switched to iPhone today after 10 consecutive years with blackberry devices.
Over those 10 years I went through more than a dozen different blackberries. I never loved my blackberry. I just loved the keyboard and the simplicity and “it-just-works” aspects to blackberry enterprise push email.
I resisted switching for so long because I couldn’t give up the keyboard and I was addicted to the push email.
In switching, I have decided that:
- Apps matter more than email
- Apps matter more than a keyboard
- I’m making a conscious decision to write less emails and to respond to messages less frequently. Not having the keyboard will be a good thing. It will slow me down and cause me to be less constantly text & email connected. That’s a good thing.
- I’m only transferring 100 of my 10,000+ contacts from my blackberry to my new iPhone. People who need to reach me can reach me via gmail and facebook, and vice versa.
- Since Fabulis (my new company) will have a big mobile component, i need to be there myself. That means iPhone and Android is my here, now, and future.