Fab.com — the world’s leading design website — is actively recruiting for Chief Merchandising Officer for Fab Europe for our upcoming European launch.
Based in Berlin, the Chief Merchandising Officer for Fab Europe will be responsible for setting the design aesthetic and direction for Fab Europe. He/she will work closely with Fab’s Worldwide Chief Creative Officer to cultivate and develop relationships with design partners throughout Europe and around the globe to bring an exciting mix of design products to Fab’s members in Europe.
- You will be responsible for injecting soul and spirit into Fab’s offerings. That means you will be our top scout, aggressively seeking fun and interesting “wow” products that will excite and inspire our membership. You will need to be as comfortable working with small independent designers and global brand name partners. You will need to jump right in ready to manage a team of merchandisers who will serve as your scouts and business development partners, signing designers to sell on Fab Europe.
- You must fully understand and appreciate the history of design, while also living in color - willing to take risks and inject fun into the mix. You must fully understand Fab. We’re not about precious things; we’re about making design affordable and accessible for everyone. That means finding products at all price points low and high, and across all categories. You should have studied Fab’s offerings in the U.S. and be ready to bring the same Fab eclectic fun mix to Fab Europe.
Get ready to hit the ground running. Fab launches in Europe real soon and we’re going to be running hard. You must be driven, ambitious, eager, and ready to lead.
- We’re looking for someone who is already a brilliant creative design visionary. Yet, someone who is grounded in reality as to what people want and what really sells.
- Ideally you will have a unique mixture of retail design experience, management, sales experience, and passion for bringing color into people’s lives.
- You need to be willing and able to pick up the phone and convince anyone and everyone to sell on Fab Europe.
- You must be able to lead and motivate a team.
Most of all, you need to have a point of view that is similar to that of Fab. We’re fun. We’re colorful. You be too.