Here is an update on how Fab fared this year during the official start to the holiday shopping season.
During the week from Black Friday, November 23 through Thursday November 29, 2012:
- Fab sold more than $6.5M worth of product this past week, up from $1.7M during the same period last year. That’s up nearly 4 times year-over-year.
- Fab hit an all-time single-day high of more than $1.3M in sales on Cyber Monday, November 26. That compares to $350k on the same day last year, up more than 3.5 times.
- Fab averaged $933,500 per day during this past week.
- Over 1/3 of sales was via Fab’s mobile apps on mobile devices. We saw record logins and purchases on iPad particularly. For the first time, iPad and iPhone sales were almost equal. Previously we had been seeing more like 60% iPhone & 40% iPad. iPad also led all other platforms (vs. web & mobile phone) in terms of number of items per order and overall basket size.
- Average order value was up more than 10% from previous weeks.
- More than 10% of every login to Fab resulted in a purchase.
- Fab sold more than 200,000 unique products.
- Repeat buyers continued to fuel our growth, while we also saw a healthy influx of first-time buyers. About 60% of sales was from repeat buyers.
The most popular items sold this past week were:
- glove.ly Classic
- 10 Piece Knife Set Multi Color
- Brooklyn Slate Board 10x14 Black
- The Mountain Pug Tee
- Weiner Dog Oil & Vinegar Set
- Beardo Bendable Mo
- More Varieties Of Beer Poster.
- Aquaovo Therm-O
- Octopus Creature Cup Set Blue
- The Original Cuppow Lid
This coming Monday December 3, 2012 is the official “Cyber Monday” in the United Kingdom. I’ll update on Tuesday with some stats on how our Europe sales fared then.
Smile, you’re designed to.