Here are the slides from our Fab.com all-company meeting today.
Sharing, as per lesson #14.
21 Things We’reLearning At Fab.com 10-12-11
- 130 Days Ago Fab.com Didn’t Even Exist.
- Now, We’ve Got 750,000 Members, 3M Visits/ Month, $100K sales days.
- It’s Humbling.
- It’s Exciting.
- It’s Challenging. We never imagined we’d grow so fast.
- Here are 21 Things We’re Learning As We Go:
- Do 1 Thing. Find 1 thing you can do really well and focus entirely on that one thing.
- Say No! Don’t do any thing else except for yourone thing. Say no to meetings, ideas, proposal, b.s., outside of your core 1 thing.
- It’s Always All About The Product. Our virtual products (website & apps) and physical products (design objects) must delight every day.
- Keep it Interesting. No one comes back to check out the same thing every day. Keep it fresh, exciting, and unpredictable.
- Make People Smile. We’re not in the design sales business, we’re in the design inspiration business. Inspire people and the sales will come.
- Service Matters More Than Sales. Sales go up and down. Service lasts forever.
- Do Whatever It Takes To Make Customers Happy. Get it right and they’ll tell their friends. Get it wrong and they’ll tell the entire world.
- Make Mistakes Take risks. Move fast. Learn faster.
- Recover Quickly.
- Apologize. Own your screw-ups.
- Strive to Have Your Customers LOVE Every Interaction With Your Company. Push your team to live this dream.
- Celebrate Your Challenges. Force the team to focus on why you suck, even while you’re growing.
- Don’t Focus Too Much OnThe Vision. Winning is all about execution.
- Be Transparent. The more people know, the better.
- Measure Everything.
- Grow Your People. Coach your team to scale with the opportunity.
- Fill Your Gaps. Bring in new talent to spur further growth.
- Hire Smarter. Hire people who are better at their jobs than you ever could be.
- Maintain Perspective Success is fleeting.
- Say Please & Thank You. People do things because they want to, not because they have to.
- Have Fun. Life’s too short to do it any other way.
- yosef-solomon likes this
- bosch-akkuschrauber-14-4-li reblogged this from betashop
- aeg-oko-lavamat-6170 reblogged this from betashop
- restorative-hair-mask-from reblogged this from betashop
- thisiswilks likes this
- milburberry-for-sale likes this
- abnehmen-in-einer-woche reblogged this from betashop
- pinkpetals89 likes this
- animal--sex reblogged this from betashop and added:
- seo-victoria reblogged this from betashop
- justin-bieber-fanpage reblogged this from betashop and added:
- queenvt likes this
- morecoolli likes this
- oferte-bulgaria-2012 likes this
- oferte-bulgaria-2012 reblogged this from betashop
- x360key-bestellen reblogged this from betashop
- stempel-online-guenstig reblogged this from betashop
- badezimmermoebel reblogged this from betashop
- massageliege-massagebank reblogged this from betashop
- berufskleidung reblogged this from betashop
- kontoservice-girokonto reblogged this from betashop
- bank-konto-kostenlos reblogged this from betashop
- mister-pops likes this
- the-topten reblogged this from betashop
- world-news-central reblogged this from betashop and added:
- pinatamama likes this
- portershields reblogged this from betashop
- nhmortgagebroker reblogged this from betashop
- travisvsworld likes this
- sphoorti reblogged this from betashop and added:
- betashop posted this