Social Commerce is at the core of Fab.
- 50% of our 5.5 million members joined from social sharing.
20% of our daily traffic comes from social.
- Our live feed is one of the most popular features on Fab and one of the biggest conversion drivers from visit to purchase.
- We’ve also found that people who use Fab’s social features go on to purchase more than twice as much vs. Fab purchasers who do not.
Mobile is also at the core of Fab.
- 30% to 40% of Fab’s daily visits come from our mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- People who use Fab’s mobile apps convert to purchasers more than twice as often as web-only users, and they purchase twice as often.
Today we are (finally) bringing social and mobile together with what we believe to be an amazingly rich mobile social commerce experience.
Our newly released Fab 3.0 for mobile includes the following new users benefits.
- The Fab Live Feed has gone mobile. People can now easily browse rich images of the most recent products that other people are buying and faving. It’s kinda like Instagram for design discovery. And, it’s a great way to see what’s happening on Fab right now through the actions of other people.
- In addition to viewing the most recent activities, people can also filter the feed to see just the most popular recent activities. This provides a great way to quickly discover what’s hot on Fab right now, based on what other people are buying and faving most today. I mean, come on, everyone needs a Kitten Face Tee, don’t they? Duh!
- And, of course, we also make it simple to browse the recent activities of your friends. You know, those people you know on Facebook, who maybe sometimes can point out an interesting design find for you. Like this fabsome Magnum P.I. TV show blueprint that my buddy Melissa scored earlier today.
We think this new set of mobile social commerce features raises the bar on social product discovery, wherever you are. But, it’s just the start. Much, much more to come from Fab in the weeks and months ahead on both mobile and social. For instance, our team is currently nearing completion of an entirely mobile-first rethink of the Fab experience. Expect to see that even further Fab experience in the coming weeks!
In addition, we’re also finally getting around to integrating Facebook Connect into Fab today! It’s hard to believe that we hit 5.5M members, 50% from social, 20% daily traffic from Facebook, without ever before implementing Facebook Connect. Crazy, but true.
So, starting today, joining or logging into Fab is finally as easy as just hitting the FB Connect button — on the web and via mobile.
Stay tuned. Next week we’ll also be launching some major upgrades on our website designed to help people browse and find Fab’s products even better.
Smile, you’re designed to.