It goes down like this.
- On Monday September 10, 2012, 3pm EST, Fab + Quirky sit down for the first time in several months to brainstorm product design ideas.
- At the end of the meeting I turn to Ben Kaufman, Founder & CEO of Quirky, and ask him: “You guys doing anything for the iPhone 5 launch on Wednesday?”
- Ben: “Yes, we’re planning a 30 hour special Quirky event to solicit design ideas for accessories for the new iPhone.”
- Me: “Can we team up on this?”
- Tuesday September 11, 2012: Fab and Quirky get to work designing the collaboration to be announced the next day.
- Wednesday September 12, 2012, 3pm EST, Apple’s announcement event ends.
- Wednesday September 12, 2012, 3pm EST, Fab emails its 5 million U.S. members encouraging them submit and vote on iPhone 5 accessories design ideas on Quirky.
- Tonight, Thursday September 13, 7pm EST, the best design ideas will be chosen at a special Quirky Eval.
- Friday September 14: After Quirky’s newest inventors have been selected, a real-time design workshop will begin, with Quirky designers and members collaborating round-the-clock to design and refine each invention pick into a final Quirky product.
- Saturday September 15: Ben Kaufman himself will fly the results (3D models, renders) of this design process to Quirky’s factories to get the manufacturing process kicked-off.
- Wednesday September 19, 3pm EST, just 7 days after the iPhone 5 was announced, Fab launches a special sale featuring the newly design accessories.
Smile, you’re designed to.
- wondershake reblogged this from betashop
- blogsonseveralintelligenttopics likes this
- maximizetheminimum likes this
- palbi likes this
- ijuarez likes this
- arishahdadi likes this
- jamestabor reblogged this from betashop
- jamestabor likes this
- cbeg1988 likes this
- byzachary likes this
- stephaniekay98 likes this
- betashop posted this