At Fab we are constantly looking for ways to improve the customer experience.
One thing that we’ve observed over the last 18 months is that a very small and decreasing percentage of our visits to Fab each day come from our emails announcing our newest arrivals. Meanwhile, traffic to Fab continues to grow. What’s replaced email is mobile, social, and organic visits. On any given day 1/3 of our visits from from our mobile apps, 20% from social sources, and most of the rest organic; people typing fab.com into their web browser.
So, today, we put customers first and unopened emails last, and we decided to uniformly opt people out of emails they don’t open. Over 2 million Fab members received the following email today.
We’ll continue to opt people out of Fab emails they don’t open. Especially when we see people increasingly coming to Fab through other channels they prefer more.
It’s the right thing to do.
Subject: Stop. Getting. So. Many. Emails. Smile, you’re designed to.
- arjunbalaji likes this
- rajivdoshi likes this
- natarwongg likes this
- youwilllikeittoo reblogged this from betashop
- scooterspeaks reblogged this from betashop
- nonregla likes this
- caterpillarcowboy likes this
- quotefish reblogged this from betashop
- quotefish likes this
- blahdlife likes this
- the-mountain-man reblogged this from betashop and added:
- adriannatsai likes this
- galbutnotgirl reblogged this from betashop and added:
- alexbarberis likes this
- the-mountain-man likes this
- mytakeonanything reblogged this from betashop
- gbiv likes this
- reduct likes this
- gueamu reblogged this from betashop and added:
- beastsdownstairs likes this
- okaysee likes this
- nitjyot likes this
- devonvsmith likes this
- gigidowns likes this
- cmlauer1210 likes this
- whitneymcn likes this
- kcummins likes this
- johnholdun likes this
- edfelix reblogged this from betashop and added:
- amycao likes this
- betashop posted this