Here at Fab.com we’re compiling some awesome data on the design industry and consumers’ tastes and interests with regards to design.
Our goal over time is to publish a regular “Fab.com Social Design Commerce Index" with data on what’s trending.
Here’s a manual version as a first step towards that.
TOP SELLING DESIGN CATEGORIES BY REVENUE - JULY 2011
Art was by far the top grossing sales category, generating about 1.8x the revenue of any other category. Jewelry scored 2nd, followed by Wearables. Bags and Fitness (primarily bikes) closed out the top 5.
TOP SELLING PRODUCT UNITS SOLD BY TAGS - JULY 2011
Each product sold on Fab.com is tagged by the Fab.com team according to the type of product. Here are the top selling products by tags in July 2011:
- Wearables (e.g. T-shirts)
GROSS REVENUE BY SOCIAL SHARING SOURCE - JULY 2011
Fab.com added more than 130,000 members in July 2011 to bring our total to more than 400,000 at July 31st. Most of these members were added via social sharing: emails from members to their friends, Twitter shares, and Facebook shares and likes.
Which social sources performed the best?
- Member-to-Member Email invites resulted in 4 times the revenue of any of the other social sharing sources, and twice that of the other two combined.
- Facebook & Twitter essentially tied as social revenue sources. Notably, while both of these sources were smaller than email invites, both Facebook & Twitter drove significant 6 figure revenue for Fab.com in the month.
- It’s especially worth noting that there was one common theme to our top 3 performing sales in July: Demi Moore tweeted about all 3 of them.
REPEAT PURCHASERS - JULY 2011
A whopping 40% of all Fab.com members who made at least 1 purchase in July went on to make more than 2 purchases in the month. And, more than 33% of those who made 2 purchases in the month went on to make 3 or more on the month.
Here’s a view of new vs. repeat orders in the month of July.
- milburberry-for-sale likes this
- matthuntr likes this
- ravindran reblogged this from betashop and added:
- bchambers reblogged this from betashop and added:
- fauxmoqadems reblogged this from betashop and added:
- daslee reblogged this from betashop
- lexilewtan likes this
- eloquentbones likes this
- palbi likes this
- knightdesign likes this
- betashop posted this